Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Leaving Las Vegas (err the United States)


Well, the past week or so has been full of great things. Getting to connect with friends and family I haven't seen in a long time, saying good bye to my wonderful job managing youth programs at Common Ground in Oberlin, Ohio, experiencing the fast energy of New York City once again, and gearing myself up for Europe, Spain, and el Camino de Santiago. 

This week has been full of adventures in the city -- bike riding with my father in lower Manhattan, reminiscing the days of our Appalachian Trail thru-hike in 2005 with Mateo, connecting with new friends, having a reunion with old friends, some of whom I hadn't seen for more than 15 years, going on a day hike with some of my best friends. It's been a wonderful thing. 

I am so grateful to have so many wonderful people in my life supporting me along the way - Mike, Jen, Carl, Lisa, Branden, Harry, Zoe, Rick, Michael, Mateo, Guillaume, you are a few. Letting people in gives my life meaning and the sun shines brighter.  

I plan to update my blog every so often with text and photos, whenever I can get to a computer.


No comments: